A blog about simple family life from baking bread to paddling in streams, enjoying quirky holidays, camping in our bell tent and discovering fab places to visit, so please join us over a cup of tea and slice of cake and share our everyday adventures of family life with three boys!

Wednesday, 9 July 2014

STRAWBERRY SEASON




Strawberry picking is one of my favourite summertime family activities. We picked a few in the rain at the weekend, just enough to make a pavlova for Sunday tea and a few to pop in school lunch boxes. We need to go back when the sun is shining to pick a few baskets so we can make our annual batch of strawberry jam and this year I want to pick some raspberries and try to make raspberry ripple ice cream!

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing better than a beautifully ripe English Strawberry! I have had great luck with my plants this year, I love pottering down the garden to pick fresh ones for pudding!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...