A blog about simple family life from baking bread to paddling in streams, enjoying quirky holidays, camping in our bell tent and discovering fab places to visit, so please join us over a cup of tea and slice of cake and share our everyday adventures of family life with three boys!

Sunday, 26 January 2014

This is no ordinary bag!


This is no ordinary bag, it is an Ally Capellino 'Frank' rucksack. I have been lusting after one for years and thanks to Gemma at the wonderful Foundation, this one now has a home with us.

This bag symbolises my desire to fill my boys lives with endless adventures. The kind written about by Enid Blyton, that involves a packed lunch of apples, homemade cake and ginger beer and a day spent outdoors. Adventures that will shape their childhoods and give them memories to last their whole lives.

The bag is British made, from waxed cotton and is practical whilst being beautiful too. It has padded shoulder straps and space for flasks, cameras, pocket books, sandwiches, swiss army knives, even a picnic blanket!

A huge thank you Gemma for sending me Frank it was so kind and I promise to take good care of him. Whilst some women need to have a pair of 'feel good' jeans or little black dress, Frank gives me all the inspiration I need to create some Blytonesque adventures!


Foundation is an independent boutique in Cheltenham and Stow-on-the-Wold, a treasure trove of beautiful clothes and accessories, voted by The Telegraph as one of the top fifty boutiques outside London. Check out their wonderful blog full of inspiring posts from recipes to gorgeous interiors. Soon they'll be a new website so wherever you are in the world you too will be able to order from their gorgeous store.

4 comments:

  1. I would lying if I said I wasn't jealous! COR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good things come to those who wait. Gorgeous bag and lovely inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey meh, I've been following your blog for almost 6 months now without leaving any comment so I decided to quickly say hi today.
    Regards, Daniel from http://danieluyi.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you've been coveting Frank, how perfect for adventures! Totally agree about Foundation too, definitely a treasure trove of gorgeous things.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...